We’ve set out to feed the world.
When it comes to giving back, we never underestimate the power of our global footprint and the generous spirit of our associates to make a positive impact.
The biggest way we’re making a difference is through our partnership with the United Nations World Food Programme (www.wfp.org), and our annual World Hunger Relief campaign. The campaign focuses on creating awareness, encouraging volunteerism and raising funds. Since our WFP partnership and campaign began in 2007, our associates and franchisees have:
- Created over 3 billion media impressions to build hunger awareness
- Volunteered 21 million service hours
- Raised $85 million to aid the WFP and help our communities go from “hunger to hope.”
Here are some of the many other ways Yum! gives back:
- Dare to Care Food Bank: In 2002, the Yum! Brands Foundation committed $1 million annually to the Dare to Care Food Bank, Louisville’s largest hunger relief agency. Since that time, our contributions have enabled Dare to Care to create unique hunger relief programs that are reaching the most at risk individuals in our community -- children and the elderly
- Through our YUMeals, prepared food program, Yum! Brands donates over 11 million pounds of wholesome food to needy families and children each year, totaling over 200 million prepared meals to date. YUMeals is the largest prepared-food donation program in the world in terms of pounds of food donated. The program is also expanding internationally with prepared food donation programs being tested in Europe and the Middle East
- Taco Bell’s Teen Supreme Program: Through its partnership with the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, the Taco Bell Foundation supports teen-focused initiatives that are designed to build self-esteem, leadership skills and values
- KFC Colonel’s Scholars: KFC Colonel’s Scholars enables high school students with entrepreneurial drive, strong perseverance and demonstrated financial need to pursue up to four years of study at an accredited college within their state of residence
- In 1985, Pizza Hut established the BOOK IT!® National Reading Incentive Program to motivate children to read more and help them develop a lifelong love of reading. BOOK IT! is a six-month program for students in kindergarten through sixth grade.
- International Charitable Contributions and Disaster Relief: Yum! is committed to giving back to the communities we serve and to making a difference by financially supporting hundreds of charities across the globe.